Conservation Biology seminar
The Seminar is the informal platform where we exchange information about division activities and research projects. BSc, MSc and PhD students present here their research proposals and results. External speakers are also invited to contribute. The presentation usually lasts 30 minutes; local speakers can be interrupted by the audience when clarification is needed. A general discussion follows. Students intending to take part have to register on ILIAS before the start of the seminar. Registration of participating students on ePUB should be effected at latest two weeks before the end of the event.
Location: Erlachstrasse 9a (central building), seminar room (ground floor)
Time schedule: Wednesday, 10:30–12:00
Spring semester 2019
20.02.2019 (1) Astrance Chervet-Fenestraz (MSc final resutls); (2) Ivan Candolfi (MSc proposal); and (3) Carol Niffenegger (BSc proposal)
(1) Habitat selection by the ring ouzel in Swiss mountains: a multiscale approach
(2) Understanding the impact of seasonal prey availability in the breeding ecology of a threatened alpine bird species, the ring ouzel
(3) The effect of seasonal environmental factors on the nestling diet and breeding success of alpine ring ouzels
27.02.2019 Elisenda Peris (MSc proposal)
Revitalized but levee-constrained river beds: ecologycal trap for rare wading birds?
06.03.2019 Gino Enz (MSc proposal)
Effects of a-/biotic factors on Auchenorrhyncha communities in extensively managed meadows
13.03.2019 Gerard Martinez MSc proposal)
Mountain grasslands - passive restoration with respect to landscape matrix
20.03.2019 Lucas Rossier (MSc proposal); and (2) Cécile Auberson (BSc proposal)
(1) Effects of two refuge management methods on grassland biodiversity?
(2) Influence of forest shading on plant communities in lowland grasslands
27.03.2019 Dina Gebhardt (BSc results); and (2) Paul Rivas (BSc proposal)
(1) Density estimations of ungulate prey species based on camera trap data
03.04.2019 Franziska Arnold (MSc proposal)
Do neonicotinoids impact hoopoes and their prey?
10.04.2019 Mini-symposium of current MSc students (final results)
(1) 10:30 Noëlle Klein. Effects of grassland intensification on Orthoptera as food resource for insectivorous birds
(2) 10:45 Julia Besimo. Breeding ecology of the Snowfinch (Montifringilla nivalis) in the Swiss Alps
(3) 11:00 Sarah Ettlin. Ecological characteristics of extensively managed hay meadows in the Swiss lowlands
(4) 11:15 Roman Roth. Determinants of species composition of invertebrates in extensively managed grasslands in the Swiss lowland
24.04.2019 Eastern break